Wednesday, December 08, 2004

TECHNOLOGY AUTOBIOGRAPHY REVISITED

My attitude toward technology as EDLF546 ends has not changed from my first technology autobiography entry: cautioned welcome. As an avid supporter of multimedia technology and as an ardent humanist, I am optimistic about individual and society’s use of information technology. Yes, we must be cautious, but that is how we ought to be with all things, instructional technology included.

There are many ways to express, implement, and utilize multimedia technology (i.e. entertainment, education, artistic expression). And, I strongly believe that technology can be employed through these means while bettering society and alleviating of human suffering locally, as well as worldwide.

I appreciate learning the various applications and opportunities for instructional technology from the others in the EDLF 546 class. The open forum format encouraged sharing of best practices and lessons learned. This is one of the better ways to identify innovative, or easy solutions to technology in education. Because of these things, I feel more comfortable with the technology, and more confident in my ability to better incorporate multimedia into my academic and professional life.